Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fire Wire Gems Jewelry at Auction for Charity!

So I recently started a jewelry company which I'd been lagging on for various logistical excuses over the past couple of weeks, but I am happy to report that my small business, Fire Wire Gems finally received the swift kick in the rear that it had apparently been lacking for the past few weeks in the form of a brilliant charity event here in DFW...

The Russian Banya (or BYOB day spa) is hosting a "Save the Boobies!" Breast Cancer Benefit this weekend, including a silent auction, etc., and they actually targeted local small businesses to donate services for auction. Me and my big mouth eagerly volunteered to help with the good cause, and subsequently, some easy publicity. Not only that, but they accepted my admission of one uber-nice piece of handmade jewelry to auction off!

So, for all of you who actually live in DFW: you are absolutely obligated to attend this event, if only to schmooze with me, and also of course because half of the proceeds are going to this incredible charity. I will be there on Sunday night as soon as the party starts, and I know it's going to be an awesome night ~ Kamryn has whipped up some super cool entertainment, and the food is so good! Again, bring your own beverage, and make a reservation in advance!

And, for those of you who might be curious as to the actual pieces that I submitted for the auction, you can (*hopefully*) check it out on my website first thing Sunday morning...and because I love you so much, I'll give you a sneak peek here...



These are completely handcrafted from sterling silver wire and multifaceted garnet and retail for approximately $130.00. However, you are welcome to post a silent bid on the set at the Russian Banya in Carrollton all day and well into Sunday evening!


I also want to send a huge THANK YOU to Kamryn at the Banya for setting this up and providing the opportunity for me to participate! I look forward to hopefully seeing some familiar faces there on Sunday night! ~ be there or be square! ~ And, as always, comments are totally welcome, and at this point, highly anticipated...


"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?"
~ Rabbi Hillel

No comments:

Post a Comment